Thank you for your interest in our website. In the following, we will inform you in detail about the processing of personal data when using our website. Personal data means all data that can be personally related to you, e.g. name, address, telephone number, email address, or user behavior.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
When using this website for information purposes only, so when you do register or otherwise provide information, we collect the data that your browser transmits to our server. This includes in particular:
- IP address
- date and time of the request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- name of the requested file
- access status/HTTP status code
- the volume of data transferred
- the page from which you came to visit us
- your operating system and its interface
- your browser type and the language and version of the browser software
- a report of successful retrieval
The data is technically necessary for us to display our website to you. It is also evaluated to make the website user-friendly and to ensure stability and security.
Cookies and similar technologies
Our website/apps use the following types of cookies:
- session (transient) cookies
- long-term (persistent) cookies
- hird-party cookies
Session cookies store what’s called a session ID, which can be used to assign different requests of your browser to a common session. This allows your device to be recognized when you return to our website. For example, this lets you store certain information you have entered (such as log-in information, language settings) in such a way that you do not have to repeat it constantly. Session cookies are automatically deleted when you log out or close your browser.
Long-term cookies remain on your device for the time being, so that we can recognize your browser on your next visit and we can, for example, assign your preferred information and settings. Long-term cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie.
When you visit our website, our partner companies also store third-party cookies on your device. The cookies contain information about how our website is used, e.g. which pages and products were visited. The data is collected in a pseudonymized form by assigning an identification number, which is not combined with any other personal data you may have provided to us.
Ordering from our website
- During the order process we also conduct a fraud prevention check via Stripe, which involves using your IP address to carry out a geolocalisation and compare your data with previous experience. This may mean that an order cannot be placed with the selected payment method. Our aim in this regard is to prevent any abuse of your chosen payment method by third parties and to protect ourselves from payment defaults. The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6(1) Sentence 1(f) GDPR. Since this involves automated decision-making, you have the right to challenge the decision (in this case the refusal of a certain payment method) and have the decision reviewed by a person. In such cases, we ask that you contact us using the contact details mentioned in Section 1. Please note that the payment method may have been rejected due to a typing error and you should, therefore, check what you have entered again during the order process if necessary.
- After you place an order, we will process your order and address data to send you a personalized email asking you to rate our products. The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6(1) Sentence 1(f) GDPR. If you no longer want your data to be used for this purpose, you can object to this at any time. Just click on the unsubscribe link included with each email or send a message using the contact details provided under Section 1.
If you contact us via a contact form, we process the data provided by you for the purpose of processing your inquiry.
Processing of data for web analytics
The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data held by Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser software; however, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of our website. You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being recorded and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. Specifically, in the case of mobile devices, you can prevent Google Analytics from recording data by clicking here: Disable Google Analytics. This will place an opt-out cookie that prevents recording when you visit our website in the future. Please note that if you delete all cookies on your device, this opt-out cookie will also be deleted; in this case, if you still wish to object then you must place the cookie again using the above button. The opt-out cookie is set per top-level domain, per browser, and per device and only prevents the recording of data for this website.
This website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp()” extension. Consequently, IP addresses are further processed in shortened form, so that any personal association with the data subject can be ruled out. As far as the data collected about you relates to you personally, that association is therefore ruled out immediately and the personal data thus erased without delay.
We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics these yields allow us to improve our website and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google LLC has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework). The legal bases for our use of Google Analytics are Art. 6(1) Sentences 1(a) and (f) GDPR.
What are your rights?
With regard to the personal data concerning you, you have the following rights vis-à-vis us – and vis-à-vis our partners, insofar as they are controllers within the meaning of the GDPR (see Sections 2.5 e, 2.6 c, and 2.7 h):
- the right of access,
- the right to receive a copy,
- the right to rectification or erasure,
- the right to completion of incomplete data,
- the right to restriction of processing,
- the right to object to processing,
- the right to data portability.
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data (within the meaning of Art. 6(1) Sentence 1(a) or Art. 9(2)(a) GDPR), you can revoke this consent with future effect at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of the consent before you revoke your consent.
If we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests (Art. 6(1) Sentence 1(f) GDPR), you are entitled to object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary in particular for the performance of a contract with you, which was described by us in each case with the description of the individual functions. When exercising such a right of objection, we ask that you explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as carried out by us. In the event that your objection is justified, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing or point out to you the compelling legitimate reasons on the basis of which we will continue processing.
However, you can of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising or web analytics purposes at any time without giving reasons.
As described in the relevant sections, we sometimes use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions, and are regularly checked.
The personal data processed by us is generally erased or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply. Data may be stored for a longer period if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws, or other rules to which we as the controller are subject. The data will also be blocked or erased once a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or performance of a contract.
Further processing operations may be required for contests and other promotional campaigns. In such cases, we will inform you in the context of the respective promotional campaign.